Click here for a printer friendly version of this page.
Who We Serve
Emory University's Office of the General Counsel provides legal representation to Emory University and Emory Healthcare.
Our Mission Statement
The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) provides practical, ethical, and effective legal advice to further Emory's collective efforts in achieving preeminence in research, teaching, and health care.
The OGC works closely with our colleagues and clients to develop and execute well-crafted legal strategies across a wide range of areas, including academic, health care, employment, intellectual property, corporate, real estate, tax, litigation, and compliance. All this is achieved by a dedicated staff determined to deliver the best service possible.
Our Core Values Statement
We serve the Emory community by delivering sound legal advice and guidance.
As counselors and advisors to an ethically engaged institution committed to excellence, integrity, and caring, we are dedicated to:
- Delivering exceptional legal services
- Adhering to the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability
- Cultivating a culture of trust
- Exercising prudent judgment in providing responsive solutions
- Communicating clearly and succinctly
As individuals and members of a team, we are dedicated to:
- Working collaboratively and collegially
- Communicating to enhance effectiveness and transparency
- Supporting each other personally and professionally
- Acting with respect and compassion
- Drawing on the strength of our diversity
- Maintaining a sense of humor and optimism